The Corporate Design Foundation put together a 25-point list of random factoids collected on the net that have to do with consumer market research. Some mildly interesting nuggets:
2. At supermarkets, 66% of all buying decisions are made after the consumer enters the store.
6. A 26% increase in single-person households in America is projected between 1995 and 2010, compared to overall household growth of 18%.
15. Two-thirds of women shoppers feel distracted when men accompany them to the grocery store.
17. Teens, aged 12 to 17, influence on average $58 per week in grocery purchases – totaling over $50 billion per year.
25. 6 in 10 U.S. shoppers find it very difficult to change to a less expensive store brand once they find a national brand they like.